Stand Tall

Stand Tall
Hilary Rhoda in Glen Luchford's "Coming Next"

4.08.2010

A Retrospect: YSL F/W 2008

If there was ever a figure in fashion in which I must have complete respect for, it is Yves Saint Laurent. Even though he is dead now, I must say my favorite collection of his name-sake label is the first one to hit boutiques after his death in June of '08.

Creative Director, Stefano Pilati's decisions to make the models highly ambiguous is personally my favorite aspect of the presentation. The various leathers, as well as the various heights of the boots are perfect. To this day,  they are still my FAVORITE shoe ever shown, in any show.

God Bless Monsieur Saint Laurent and his continued influence.

You can see Tim Blanks' (of Style.com) review of the collection here.



No comments:

Post a Comment